- This event has passed.
Teen Group: Trip to the Lower East Side
February 9, 11:00 am - 7:30 pm
(Teen Group Event)
Trip to the Lower East Side 2: America’s Iconic Immigrant Neighborhood
In the spring of 2018, our Teens had a great time in Manhattan touring the Tenement Museum to see how late 19th and early 20th century immigrants lived, eating lunch at Katz’s Deli, and visiting several iconic (and food-related) shops on the Lower East Side. On Sunday, February 9, we plan another visit to Manhattan where we will see the Synagogue and Museum at Eldridge Street, have a private walking tour of the Jewish Lower East Side, visit Teen-favorite Economy Candy and other foodie destinations, and dine at an award-winning ramen restaurant. Adults are welcome to accompany your children/grandchildren. Peretz will cover the costs of the museum tour, walking tour, and dinner for both adults and children; we ask only for a contribution of $25 per person and that you provide pocket money for any personal purchases.
Drop-off will be at the Lancaster-Hartwick’s (home of Ben ’16) at 11:00 am; pickup will be at the Lancaster-Hartwick home at 7:30 pm. Deb Lancaster and Rob Pestka will provide transportation to and from the City. Based on the numbers, we may recruit additional chaperones as well. Please RSVP to Rob Pestka by Friday, January 24.
- 11:00 Meet at the Lancaster-Hartwick’s, 109 Donaldson Street, Highland Park
- 12:45 Synagogue and Museum at Eldridge Street, guided tour
- 1:45 The Pickle Guys, Russ & Daughters, Kossar’s Bialys, Economy Candy, Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery
- 2:45 Private walking tour of the Jewish Lower East Side, by Big Onion founder Seth Kamil
- 5:00 Prix Fixe Dinner at Shinka Ramen, award-winning restaurant
- 6:30 Depart for home
- 7:30 Pickup at the Lancaster-Hartwick’s, 109 Donaldson Street, Highland Park
Don’t miss this event! RSVP now!